The objective of this tutorial is to create a
Buck DC/DC Converter with the following parameters:
- Input Voltage = 12V
- Output Voltage = 1.2V
- Output Current = 10A
- Switching Frequency = 500kHz
In this tutorial you will learn how to do the
- Create an open loop power stage schematic using the SIMetrix/SIMPLIS Schematic
- Simulate your design using the three SIMPLIS analysis methods, POP, AC, and
- Generate output curves and automatically make scalar measurements on those curves.
- Add a 3-Pole, 2-Zero voltage-mode compensator to the power stage, closing the feedback
- Add parameterized values using expressions and .VAR statements in the
command (F11) window.
- Verify the converter's small and large signal stability.
- How to create hierarchical schematic component from the compensator portion of the
schematic. This hierarchical block can then be re-used in another design.
Topics in this tutorial