SIMPLIS SystemDesigner is a set of SIMPLIS schematic building blocks that are optimized to model digitally
controlled, power electronics systems. These power electronics systems include both
hardware and software digital-control implementations, such as control systems based on
microcontrollers, DSPs, or FPGAs. Major features of SystemDesigner are:
- Time-sampled data in the digital-control-system signal path can be represented as
signed integers with up to 32-bit precision or as double-precision floating-point
numbers. In both cases, the control signals are discretely sampled as in the actual
system, accurately modeling the phase-shift effects of the time-sampled data
- Integer data accurately represents the quantization error of the
actual product implementation.
- Double-precision floating-point data represent the signal path
magnitudes with "analog precision" and essentially eliminate
any quantization error.
- A major advantage of modeling the time-sampled signal path with
double-precision floating-point accuracy is that you can use the SIMPLIS
POP and AC analyses on the digital control system. The speed and accuracy
of this approach is valuable early in the design process.
- Each operation in the signal path (addition, multiplication, shift,
etc.) can take a user-defined number of system clock cycles to complete
in order to closely model the behavior of a software-based system.
- Clocks are distributed globally to all SystemDesigner
blocks in the hierarchy. Treating clocks globally allows you to focus
on the design task, rather than on connecting clock lines.
- A complete PWM generator based on the Texas Instruments Piccolo™ enhanced PWM (ePWM)
module is included in
- This PWM module can generate almost any PWM pattern, including variable frequency
(LLC) or phase-shifted topologies.
- The PWM generator can start an ADC conversion at any point in the PWM cycle,
allowing you to accurately model the time-domain sampling behavior of the
SystemDesigner is a licensed feature included in all SIMetrix/SIMPLIS Pro and SIMetrix/SIMPLIS Elite
Licenses. For an evaluation license, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.