This webinar is the second part of an introduction to the SIMPLIS Magnetics Design Module (MDM). In this webinar, we will demonstrate how MDM can be used to design transformers. It will also introduce, in detail, the new Multi-Level Lossy Transformer, which does not require MDM for its Levels 0 through 2. Before attending or watching this webinar, please make sure you have reviewed the Introduction to the SIMPLIS Magnetics Design Module - Part I: Inductors webinar.
- Improved modeling of transformers in SIMPLIS: The Multi-Level Lossy Transformer
- Multi-Level Lossy Transformer Model Levels 0-2 (do not require MDM)
- Multi-Level Lossy Transformer Model Level 3 (can only be created with MDM) - the reluctance circuit
- Using MDM to design and simulate transformers
- Self-oscillating flyback converter transformer design example
- DC-DC isolated LLC converter transformer design example
- Concurrent design of magnetic and electric circuits (transformer example)
Schematics and presentation slides will become available here closer to the webinar.